Per Serving: Calories – 237/Weight Watchers ProPoints – 6pp
With 3-weeks worth of eating everything upon my waistline, it was back to Pinterest to find some low calorie meal inspiration. Although I haven’t quite managed a fast day, we can’t say no to a new chicken recipe and this one is still delightfully low in calories!
These chicken breasts are simply baked in the oven, stuffed with a mixture of tangy sun-dried tomatoes, salty feta cheese, smooth cream cheese and dotted with fresh basil. Easy as that! I bought a packet of dried sun-dried tomatoes – not the jars filled with oil. You can easily rehydrate however many of the tomatoes you want by placing them in boiling water for 30 minutes before using. Having a packet of these gems in my cupboard has kept me ever so happy for adding to tomato sauces and loaves!
Each stuffed chicken breast will come to approximately 237 calories, depending on the size of your chicken breast. Ours pictured were quite frankly the fattest breasts I have come across, which were perfect for stuffing. They’ll take about 30 minutes in the oven (again, depending on how thick the chicken is. Please check it’s cooked thoroughly!).
These pockets are great served with potato wedges and would taste delicious over a lettuce and spinach salad. Enjoy!
A breakdown of the calories per serving:
- 12.5g Greek Feta Cheese – 35 calories
- 15 g Extra Light Soft Cheese Spread – 17 calories
- Approx 2 sun-dried tomatoes (12.5g) – 22 calories
- 1 chicken breast (approx 150g) – 163 calories
- 2 chicken breasts
- 25g sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated
- 30g extra light soft cheese
- 25g Greek feta, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 190C/170C fan/Gas mark 5.
- Rehydrate the sun-dried tomatoes by placing them in boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain, pat dry and chop into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the soft cheese, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- Using a sharp knife cut horizontally through the middle of the chicken, being careful not to go through to the other side. Spoon half the mixture inside each chicken breast.
- Place chicken into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with black pepper. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes. Times will vary depending on the size of your chicken breast so adjust accordingly and make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Each filled chicken breast is approx 237 calories.
- Weight Watchers ProPoints - 6pp